Maybe its just me but sometimes I need a kick in the butt to help me get through the week. Keeping yourself stirred up is such a crucial part of success. Fanning a fizzling out passion into a roaring inferno! Lately, I've been going through some dry stages of just trying to figure out the answer to, 'whats next?'
Whenever I find myself in this lull, I have to tap into my sources of inspiration and motivation lest I keep wasting precious days. Before I give you my list of resources to use, let me be very clear about one thing; this happens to all of us! No matter how self determined, we all need a positive pick-me-up and we become stronger by getting through these desert stages of life.
I have several fountains that I drink passion from when I'm parched.
Here Are My Top 5
1. Podcasts: Find someone that is both entertaining and informative. When we learn, we grow. If you're not growing your shrinking.
2. Movies: Watching a great movie like Avengers or 300 gets pumped and excited to jump back in the game!
3. Books: A great read sparks imaginations to a level that few of us experience in a video saturated culture.
4. Music: Find songs that sing to your soul. You're more than just hip-hop, hard rock, or dub-step so don't be scared to find something that you truly enjoy.
5. Get around people: My wife and I figured out recently that we can easily isolate ourselves. Nothing wrong with that in the right portions. For many of us, being around people can actually recharge and refresh our inner batteries.
As per the title of this blog check out these 10 powerful quotes that will refocus and reignite your passion!
1. "If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. Guess what they have planned for you? Not Much." - Jim Rohn
2. "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." - Marilyn Manroe
3. "Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions." - Dalai Lama
4. "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison
5. "People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything." - Thomas Sowell
6. "We are more than Conquerors through God - St. Paul
7. "The roughest road often leads to the top." - Christina Aguilera
8. "Its not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is what are we busy about?" - Henry David Thoreau
9. "My favorite things in life don't cost any money. Its really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time." - Steve Jobs
10. "Don't make assumptions. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with other as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely change your life - Miguel Angel Ruiz
The B.I.G. Company endeavors to help grow great beards and great men. If this has helped you, let us know!